IPE is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy, together with our terms of website use explains what personal data we collect from you, and how it will be processed by us.
Information about us
IPE Quest is an online asset manager search tool, where we connect institutional investors with asset managers.
IPE’s other business activities are:
- Business-to-Business Financial Publishing. IPE provides a range of products and services focused on the institutional investment industry
- Organisers of Seminars, Conferences, Training Courses and Exhibitions for the financial markets industry
1. IPE Quest does its very best to protect your privacy by using security technology appropriately. This means:
- IPE Quest makes sure that it has appropriate security measures to protect your information; and
- IPE Quest makes sure that when we ask another organisation to provide a service for us, they have appropriate security measures.
2. IPE Quest will respect your privacy. You should receive marketing (whether by email, post or telephone) only from us. You will be able to unsubscribe from these messages. However, we may email you occasionally with information or questions about your registration, your subscription account or postings, for example, with reminders or copyright requests.
3. IPE Quest will collect and use individual user details only if we have your permission or we have sensible business reasons for doing so, such as collecting enough information to manage accounts.
4. IPE Quest will be clear in its dealings with you as to what information about you we will collect and how we will use it.
5. IPE Quest will use personal information only for the purposes for which it was originally collected and we will make sure we delete it securely when no longer needed
What information does IPE collect?
IPE Quest collects information on you:
- when you register
- through cookies
- when you register for our events.
The minimum information IPE Quest needs to register you on www.ipe-quest.com is your business contact information including name, job title, company, postal address, email and telephone number. We only store business details and do not store personal contact information.
IPE Quest may ask you more questions for different services. Unless we say otherwise, you have to answer all the registration questions.
IPE Quest may also ask other, voluntary, questions during registration for certain services so we can gain a clearer understanding of your needs.
After you have registered, we may send you emails we think might interest you. Newsletters may be personalised based on what you have told us during registration. At any time you can decide not to receive these emails and will be able to unsubscribe.
How IPE Quest uses your data
IPE Quest uses the data that we have collected from you to offer our services to you.
IPE Quest holds personal data to provide our services but wherever possible, we try to hold business contact information. IPE Quest occasionally needs to hold sensitive personal information like food allergy details and other dietary needs to run our events safely. This is only ever shared where vital, for example, with the caterers. It is deleted after the event and never stored.
Cookies keep you signed in. They also let us know (anonymously) how many times our site is visited, what pages are being read and how long for. They do not let us identify or track you personally.
Use of Under-18s data
IPE Quest does not knowingly collect or store any personal information about under-18s and IPE Quest does not offer any of its products or services directly to under-18s. We do not collect dates of birth on registration so it is possible that students might register who are under 18 but we do not expect our content to be relevant to under-18s.
Updating your personal information
Please contact IPE by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the details which you like to update on your personal information.
Organisations with whom IPE shares data
To be considered for a mandate, IPE Quest will share information submitted by the service providers (normally asset managers) who respond to a Quest (such as a Search (RFI/RFP), Discovery (pre-RFI) or Innovation (investment solutions), running surveys or additional requests) to the institutional investors (normally pension funds). This can include fund factsheets or details of fund managers, relationship managers etc. We will ask the service provider to confirm that they have the permission of these people to have their names and any other personal information included within the submission.
IPE needs to share some information with suppliers to operate as a publisher and events organiser. For example, we need to tell the hotel the names for event bookings and we need to supply mailing lists to our printers and mailing house to address and post the magazines.
These suppliers will always be governed by strict contractual restrictions to make sure that they protect your information and adhere to data-protection and privacy laws which apply.
Depending on where you live, your personal information may be shared within IPE whose staff are based around the world. For example, if you book an event held in Switzerland, your data may initially be held on our systems in the United Kingdom and then shared with IPE staff in Switzerland for event administration purposes.
IPE may use service providers to help us run our sites (or services available on the sites), some of whom may be based outside the European Union (EU) and European Economic Area (EEA).
IPE may make other organisations’ services available, through our sites, although we are not necessarily operating these sites. Information these other organisations collect is governed by their own privacy policies and is referred to in IPE’s terms and conditions.
IPE can access and release personal information where required by law.
Some of our webpages use plug-ins from other organisations (such as the ‘Facebook Recommend’ function or Linkedin Sharing.). These other organisations might use information about your visit to our websites on their pages. If you browse these pages while still also logged in to your account with us, information they collect might be connected to your account on their site. For more information on how these organisations use information, please read their privacy policies.
Legal information and how to contact us
We have to say who the ‘data controller’ is for IPE and services provided through our websites. The Data Protection Manager is the person responsible for protecting information and, in IPE’s case, is Christopher Elmer.
If you would like access to or a copy of the personal information we hold about you, to request a correction, or deletion or have any questions about how we may use it or to make a complaint, please contact the Data Protection Manager at the address shown at the bottom of the website or email email@example.com.
Complaints will be dealt with by the Data Protection Manager, and will be responded to within 30 days.
If you are not satisfied with the way your complaint was handled, you might be able to refer your complaint to your local data protection regulator. In the United Kingdom this is the Information Commissioner’s Office.